First Foundation Lecture of 2013
Bob Tait – Drug and Alcohol Awareness
Thursday 17th January at 7pm
Stamford High School Hall
With over 28 years of service, Bob Tait (TTP Harley Street) worked as a RN Police Officer dealing with drug-related issues, including undercover work in drugs intelligence.
Since 2004 he has worked with young drug users, young offenders and school pupils, giving powerful and well-informed presentations. He raises awareness of the risks and prevalence of misuse, including key information about drugs, solvents, tobacco and alcohol. His audiences are left in no doubt about the risks of substance abuse in all its forms.
Bob Tait’s lecture for parents will focus on:
- What is a drug?
- The law and recent changes in legislation.
- The growing use of legal highs.
- Developing refusal skills and learning signs and symptom recognition.
- Alcohol awareness and the party scene.
- Substance misuse at University and in industry.
- Where to find help.
Entry is free of charge but seats must be booked and are limited to four per household. To reserve your seats please email email@example.com
Please note that this lecture is for parents (and over 18s only.)