History of the School
The Stamford Endowed Schools trace their history back to the 16th Century. Today they comprise three schools: Stamford Junior School, Stamford High School and Stamford School. The Earlybird Nursery opened in 1998 and is now an integral part of the life of Stamford Junior School that moved to its purpose built buildings in 1977.
Stamford School, founded by William Radcliffe in 1532, still stands on its original site close to the centre of Stamford. The School Chapel was for many years used as the schoolroom for the children of Stamford; today it is active as the spiritual heart of the school.
Stamford High School, founded in 1877 as part of the legacy left the schools in the Browne’s Hospital Trust, still occupies its original site in the south of the town.
Please click below to read more on our Wikipedia entries.