The curriculum is essentially in two parts: compulsory and optional. In the compulsory part we include those subjects which we believe all students should take. In the optional part students are expected to select three subjects which match their own abilities, interests and career ideas.
- English: This course leads to two IGCSE qualifications (English and English Literature) for nearly all students. Some for whom English is an Additional Language take the Cambridge First Certificate or General IELTS exams.
- IGCSE Mathematics
- Sciences: Biology, Chemistry and Physics are taught as three separate subjects. The specifications support both a two GCSE option – Science and Additional Science – as well as separate science GCSEs. Our pupils will be taught the full range of science topics and their modular scores will determine progress through the structure.
- Modern Foreign Language: In Y10, while a modern foreign language is compulsory, this need not be French. [A small number of students attend Learning Support lessons instead of a language.] Other languages are available as option choices. Some EAL students do not study a MFL.
- Games are available to all, as are courses in Personal, Social and Health Education
- In this portion of the curriculum, most pupils aim for 7 GCSEs.
- History, Geography, Classical Civilisation, Philosophy & Ethics, German, Spanish, Latin, Art and Design, Design Technology, Drama, Music, Physical Education and Russian are available.
- In this portion of the curriculum all pupils aim for 3 GCSEs.