Become a Partner
How your business can join the Foundation Card programme
Businesses participating in the Stamford Endowed Schools’ Foundation Card programme benefit from:
- a new route to market
- promotion opportunities to households in the Stamford area
- an opportunity to contribute to the local community and support a local charity
There is currently no joining fee. The only requirement is that you provide a 10% discount (or similar offer) to Foundation Cardholders for a minimum of 12 months.
Participating businesses are regularly promoted by the Foundation to the Schools’ mailing list of alumni and parents.
Why should your business join?
The Foundation Card was launched in 2010 and now has almost 100 participating businesses. It has been very warmly received and the number of Cardholders is increasing steadily. We will continue to recruit more quality Partners to increase the value and appeal of the Card.
The benefits of joining are listed below.
For Partners the benefits will include:
Promotion of your business via:
- Listing on the SES Foundation Card site on the SES website
- Listing in the School calendars (3000 published and distributed each term to all parents and some alumni)
- Partner listing to be emailed to all existing Cardholders
- Option to update Cardholders with special offers and news
In addition you will be supporting your local community and helping local children to receive a first class education.
Foundation Card Partner Application Process
Partners need to meet the following criteria in order to join the programme:
- Business must have retail premises in the Stamford area
- Business must be predominantly for consumers rather than for businesses
- Business must have a published price list against which the 10% discount should be applied
- Business must offer at least at 10% discount on list prices (exceptions will be considered)
- Business may be asked to supply references / testimonials from satisfied customers
To apply to join the programme please call the Foundation Office on 01780 750032.
There is a limit to the number of Partners that we can recruit and inclusion in the programme is at the discretion of the Foundation, based upon the above criteria, the mix of current Partners, the waiting list of potential Partners and known Cardholder preferences.
Foundation Card Business Partner Terms and Conditions
Summary of SES Foundation Card Partner terms and conditions:
Partner agrees to:
- provide offering for a minimum of 12 months
- value of the offering may be increased during the 12 months, but not decreased
- display Foundation Card sticker in window of premises
- hold and display a stock of Cardholder application forms on premises
- provide a link to the Foundation Card webpage on their website (if possible)
SES agrees to provide Partner with:
- Cardholder application forms and partner listings
- Window sticker(s)
- Link to SES Foundation Card website
Summary of Cardholder security measures:
- Each household will set up a standing order for a minimum of £10 per month.
- Each household will receive up to two Foundation cards, each with the Cardholder’s name clearly shown (to enable Partners to cross check with credit/debit cards or other ID and keep card sharing to a minimum).
- Cards will be renewed annually and will clearly display the expiry date.
- Standing orders will be checked monthly. In the event of a payments being stopped by the cardholder, the cards will be retrieved and the cardholder will be invoiced for the outstanding amount.