It is important that all parents appoint a guardian who can be contacted in an emergency if it is impossible to contact parents directly. For parents living overseas this is doubly important and the guardian should reside in mainland UK, preferably within easy access of the Stamford Endowed Schools.
Parents should ensure that the named guardians are fully aware of their responsibilities, and the School will check that this. Guardians should:
- Have in loco parentis authority to sign for medical treatment
- Be able to collect the student from school and care for them if they have a prolonged illness
- Be able to collect and accommodate the student at exeats and half-term breaks
- Be able to collect and accommodate the student should the school deem it necessary
- Make travel arrangements for pupils travelling overseas