At Stamford Junior School, pupils enjoy a wide variety of activities during their Physical Education lessons. These include athletics, badminton, cricket, cross-country, dance, fitness and agility, gymnastics, hockey, netball, orienteering, rounders, rugby, soccer, swimming and tennis.
Stamford Junior School’s extensive grounds include an astroturf for hockey and tennis, and hard courts for netball and tennis, all of which are floodlit. The well-maintained pitches for rugby and soccer, convert to cricket and rounders pitches and a 400-metre athletics track in the summer term. The school makes full use of the heated 20-metre indoor swimming pool and large sports hall.
SES Sports Philosophy
Sport for all! Through the medium of sport expose SES students of all abilities to the benefits of a life-long affiliation to physicality. Their SES sporting journey will be characterised by:
‘Stamfordian Sporting Values’
- Enjoyment through growth, challenge & reward
- Resilience by living moments of success & failure
- Competition characterised by Co-operation & independence
- Belonging to Stamford in participation & representation
- Physicality that is educated in the benefits of physical activity