Here at the Stamford Endowed Schools we are very proud of our alumni. They are a diverse group of men and women who collectively represent the breadth and strength of our curriculum as well as our history and socially inclusive culture.
Many have carved a distinct niche in the world for themselves and our well-known alumni include:
- Nick Anstee (OS 76): A Lord Mayor of the City of London
- Mark James (OS 72): A Ryder Cup Captain
- MJK Smith (OS 51): England’s last double international
- Colin Dexter (OS 48): The creator of Inspector Morse
- Lucy Cohu (OS 87): An Emmy award winning actress
- Gen Sir Mike Jackson (OS 61): Former Chief of the General Staff
- Sqn Ldr Kirsty Stewart (OS 95): The first and only woman pilot in the Red Arrows
- Sarah Outen (OS 03): The first woman and youngest person to row solo across the Indian Ocean
- William Cecil (OS 1535): The first Baron Burghley
There are two thriving alumni organisations connected to the Stamford Endowed Schools; the Old Stamfordian Club for former Stamford School boys and the Old Girls’ Guild for former Stamford High School girls.